Come and join us at Stirchley Baths for a day of family fun! Free Entry
Stirchley Baths is hosting a number of the Bournville BookFest 2017 events including the #BTeens programme.
Saturday March 18, 10 – 12 & 1.30 – 3.30, Stop-motion animation workshops with Tim Allen
Monday March 20, 1.30-3.30 U5s Underwater Adventure drama workshop with Toni Midlane.
Sunday March 19, 4pm West Side Story – Film
Saturday March 25, 6pm Stirchley Youth Theatre Performance of The Stinky Cheese Man and other fairly stupid tales
Sunday March 26, 11-1pm Life Drawing
4pm Clueless – Film
Further details and how to book go on to the Festival website http://www.bournvillebookfest.com
It’s our first birthday on January 14th.
Come and celebrate with us from 3.30pm – 5pm – there will be tea, cake, films and an opportunity to look round the building for those who haven’t been before.
More details to follow but you may want to put the date and time in your diary !
Everyone is welcome – regular users, supporters and new friends.
Hope to see you on January 14th.
Stirchley Baths Team
We’ve had such great successes from the Official Opening in Jan 2016, our fantastic volunteers , the wide range of community uses and users from A(rabic) to Z(umba) and all in between, being on telly (twice!!) and winning several local and regional awards …not bad for the first 12 months.
I would just like to take this opportunity on updating you all on a couple of things
- Christmas and New Year Closing – We will be closed to the public from Monday December 19th and reopen on Tuesday January 3rd. The Main Hall Floor requires urgent attention from the original contractors. This has been a long drawn out and frustrating negotiation but hopefully now the remedial works will be done to the required standard.
- Friends Meeting House – Many of you may have already noticed that work has started on the Friends Meeting House next to Stirchley Baths. A building company called Red Rose Birmingham purchased the building from the Co-op and are refurbishing and converting it into apartments. It’s great to see the building being brought back into use but please note that the sale agreement also means that the car park spaces in the centre car park directly facing the Friends Meeting House are for their use which will reduce our available car parking spaces. I understand from Red Rose that they will be placing their container across these parking spaces as from next week and there will be skip lorries and other deliveries to site. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but it is not within our control.
- Lead Theft – Unfortunately we have experienced a second bout of lead theft from the roof at the Baths. The Police have been informed and fortunately we have some good clear footage from the centre’s CCTV system. If you see anything please let us know.
- Christmas Giving – In previous years the Selly Oak District Office have always proactively done something for local good causes. This year at Stirchley Baths we have two collection boxes in the Main Entrance Foyer area
- First Night Campaign – donation of items which assist families that have to flee their home because of domestic abuse. They often have little or no time to pack so items that can be used on their first night in a refuge such as toiletries, puzzles, books, crayons, pencils, chocolate
- B30 Foodbank based at Cotteridge Church – donation of foodstuffs to provide help to people in crisis. Urgently needed food items include cooking rice, cereals, biscuits, tinned spaghetti –fruit-tomatoes, custard and sugar
I do hope you are able to support these important causes – “drop in with a tin of something, toothpaste or toiletries” . Collection boxes are in operation as of today 7/12/16.
Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and thank you for all your support in making this year such a wonderful success.
Our next big event will be our First Year Birthday Celebrations on January 14th 2017 and the launch of the Community Cinema Club.