With the combination of an extremely wet October and the discovery of a few further structural set backs; October has been a challenging month for Balfour Beatty project team. However with the building now stripped back to its raw structure and a new programme been put in place; real progress is starting to be shown.
– All internal areas now propped ready for existing structural steels to be replaced with new.
– The Chimney has been completely re-pointed, had a brand new lightning protection system installed and is now awaiting a concrete cap.
– The brickwork either side of the cupola has now had structural ties installed and been re-built back up to coping stone level.
– All timber roof purlins and rafters have now been replaced with new.
Next month we will be:
– Breaking out the existing floor slab and creating new internal foundations ready for blockwork walls to be erected.
– Felt, batten and re-tile the main pool roof with existing Blue Welsh Slates and Green Westmorland Slates.
– Install all new structural steels to basement and ground floor.
– Start stripping and relaying the flat roof area.
– Install new truss roof along curved frontage.
– Wash down chimney brickwork, install cap and drop chimney scaffold.