On Thursday 9th of April members of the community were invited on a tour of Stirchley Baths. I was pleasantly surprised at how far the project has progressed since the last tour in December. And now you can really see the rooms forming.
Here’s a message from the site managers about the plans for next month:
- Building ‘water tight’ with flat roofs felted and windows installed
- Mezzanine floor completed with original balcony balustrade installed
- Cupola No.2 stonework complete with new cupola fixed
- Re-pointed external brickwork cleaned with scaffold elevations starting to be dropped
- Underfloor heating in pool area installed
- Floor screed installed
- Plasterboarding to all areas
- 2nd fix carpentry started
Co-site manager Jack told me that they are almost at the stage where floorboards can be laid in some of the newly created rooms.
Your community centre will open in September 2015 to co-incide with Stirchley Late Summer Bash.